The Hong Kong data center market size will witness investments of USD 4 billion by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 2% during 2021-2026
Hong Kong data center market size is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 2% during the period 2020−2026. Hong Kong data center market research report includes market size in terms of area, investment, power capacity, and colocation revenues. Get insights on 50 existing data center and 6 upcoming facilities spread across 7+ locations.
Key Highlights Offered in the Report:
1. A stable economy, high-capacity fiber connectivity, and the increasing local demand for digitalization of business and consumer environments make Hong Kong an attractive data center market.
2. Kwai Chung houses seven of the existing third-party data centers in Hong Kong, contributing to around 11% of the existing capacity, followed by Tseun Wan.
3. Due to scarcity of land for data center development in Hong Kong, more brownfield constructions will be seen during the forecast period, and the price of industrial land is expected to rise further.
4. To improve energy-efficiency of data centers, the Hong Kong Government has implemented The Building Energy Efficiency Ordinance (BEEO) (Cap. 610) and the Fresh Water-Cooling Towers Scheme (FWCT Scheme).
5. The COVID-19 pandemic, adoption of cloud, IoT and big data, and deployment of 5G are some the major drivers for the region’s data center growth.
6. The Hong Kong government released the Smart City Blueprint to carry out smart city initiatives in six fields such as Smart Living, Smart Mobility, Smart People, Smart Environment, Smart Government, and Smart Economy. As of December 2020, there were over 130 smart city initiatives, and 40 initiatives are complete or under completion.
7. Solar, wind, and waste-to-energy (WTE) are the renewable energy sources that contribute to around 3% to 4% of renewable energy consumed in Hong Kong.
• Market size & forecast by area, power capacity, investment, and colocation revenue | 2020-2026
• Impact of COVID-19 on Data Center Market
• Snapshot of existing and upcoming third-party facilities in Hong Kong
o Facilities Covered (Existing): 50
o Facilities Identified (Upcoming): 6
o Coverage: Over 7 Regions
o Existing vs. Upcoming (Data Center Area)
o Existing vs. Upcoming (IT Load Capacity)
• Data center colocation market in Hong Kong
o Market Revenue & Forecast (2020-2026)
o Retail Colocation Pricing
o Wholesale Colocation Pricing
• Market Dynamics – Leading trends, growth drivers, restraints, and investment opportunities
• Market Segmentation – A detailed analysis by IT infrastructure, electrical infrastructure, mechanical infrastructure, general construction, and tier standard
• Key Market Participants – List of 8 IT infrastructure providers, 10 construction service providers, 10 support infrastructure providers, and 8 data center investors
Hong Kong Data Center Market – Segmentation
• The growing data traffic is increasing the bandwidth requirement in data centers, which is fueling market adoption of 10 GBE, 25 GBE, 40 GBE, 50 GBE, and 100 GBE ethernet port switches, controllers, and adaptors. The development of hyperscale and cloud data centers in the country will increase the demand for ethernet switches and routers.
• In Hong Kong, most of the data center operators are deploying UPS systems in N+N with flexible design supporting 2N+1 redundant UPS system. For instance, Equinix’s HK1 facility is equipped with N+1 redundancy UPS system and HK4 is equipped with 2n redundant UPS.
• Data center operators in the country are adopting both water and air-based cooling techniques and Hong Kong support free cooling. To improve energy-efficiency of data centers the Hong Kong Government has implemented The Building Energy Efficiency Ordinance (BEEO) (Cap. 610) and the Fresh Water-Cooling Towers Scheme (FWCT Scheme).
Market Segmentation by IT Infrastructure
• Storage Systems
• Network Infrastructure
Market Segmentation by Electrical Infrastructure
• UPS Systems
• Transfer, Switches & Switchgears
• Rack PDUs
• Other Electrical Infrastructure
Market Segmentation by Mechanical Infrastructure
• Cooling Systems
• Rack Cabinets
• Other Mechanical Infrastructure
Market Segmentation by General Construction
• Building Development
• Installation & Commissioning Services
• Building Design
• Physical Security
• Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM)
Market Segmentation by Tier Standard
• Tier I & Tier II
• Tier III
• Tier IV
Hong Kong Data Center Market – Dynamics
Hong Kong is the strongest cloud nation among APAC countries according to the Asia Cloud Computing Association (ACCA). In 2020, NTT launched its private cloud to businesses in Hong Kong (in addition to Singapore). Private cloud constitutes NTT’s data center and hybrid cloud capabilities. In September 2020, Government Cloud Infrastructure Services (GCIS), the new government cloud services, replaced GovCloud, the Central Computer Centre Virtualized Infrastructure (CCCVI) and the e-Government Infrastructure Services (EGIS) to enable digital services through partnership among government departments. Hybrid cloud services are gaining traction in Hong Kong. Hence, enterprises use private and public cloud environments to improve information sharing and manage data efficiently. Hong Kong has major cloud service providers, such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft, Google, Alibaba, and Tencent.
Key Drivers and Trends fueling Market Growth:
• IoT Surge to Fuel Demand for Data Centers
• Implementation of Big Data Services to Drive Data Center Investments
• AI- and ML-Based Infrastructure to Aid Data Center Growth
• 5G and Smart Cities Initiatives Leading Data Center Deployment
Hong Kong Data Center Market – Existing Vs. Upcoming Data Centers
• Existing Facilities (Area and Power Capacity)
o Tsuen Wan
o Kwai Chung
o Tseung Kwan O
o Fo Tan
o Chai Wan
o Tai Po
o Other locations (Kwun Tong, Wan Chai, Sheung Wan, San Po Kong, Kowloon, Wong Chuk Hang, Ap Lei Chau, Fanling)
• List of Upcoming Facilities (Area and Power Capacity)
Get your sample today! https://www.arizton.com/market-reports/hong-kong-data-center-market-size-analysis
Key Market Participants
IT Infrastructure Providers
• Cisco Systems
• Dell Technologies
• Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE)
Construction Service Providers
• Aurecon Group
• BYME Engineering (HK)
• Chung Hing Engineers
• DSCO Group
• Gammon Construction
• Studio One Design
Support Infrastructure Providers
• Rolls-Royce Power Systems
• Mitsubishi Electric
• Schneider Electric
Data Center Investors
• AirTrunk Operating
• CITIC Telcom International Holdings
• Digital Realty
• GDS Holdings
• Global Switch
• SUNeVision (iAdvantage)
Looking for more information? Click Here
Source: EIN Presswire